For all applications, Q-Sense QCM-D systems enable:
- Mass measurements
- Nanogram sensitivity
- Structural properties: orientation or conformation of molecules
- Real-time, in situ and label-free
- Flexible choice of substrate: any material that can be applied as a thin film
- Combinational measurements e.g. electrochemistry, ellipsometry and microscopy
Short Technology introduction
With QCM-D, two parameters - frequency and dissipation - are monitored simultaneously, in real-time, as molecular layers form on the sensor surface. More about QCM-D Technology.
- Binding of a small globular molecule Moderate frequency change, Δf (mass change).
Low dissipation change, ΔD (indicating rigid film.
- Binding of a large elongated molecule
Large Δf (more mass).
Large ΔD (soft film).
- Rinsing with regenerating buffer removing elongated molecule
f back to phase 1 (mass removal)
D back to phase 1 (back to rigid film).
Ask us about QCM-D for your application